Call for papers
SSEM EuroConference 2014
International Conference on Emerging Markets Business, Economics, and Finance
Date: 6-8 July 2014 Venue: Budapest, Hungary
The Society for the Study of Emerging Markets (SSEM) announces its EuroConference 2014 to be held in collaboration with the Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Department of Finance.
Like previous SSEM EuroConferences, this conference serves as forum for academics, practitioners, and central bank and government officials in Europe and all over the world to present and discuss research results about the evolution of the international economy and of the global financial system. Emphasis will be placed on the developments in the emerging market economies, on the fate of the recent trends and of the impact of these developments on international trade, finance and regulation as well as on national economies and financial systems. Theoretical, empirical and policy-oriented papers are all welcome.
All papers presented at the Conference will be considered for publication in special issues of, or symposia in, the two SSCI-indexed journals Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, and Eastern European Economics; as well as in Borsa Istanbul Review, Comparative Economic Studies, Periodica Polytechnica – Social and Management Sciences.
Any papers not selected for publication in these journals will be guaranteed (subject to successful revision) publication in a e-book that will be published on the web site of the Society for the Study of Emerging Markets. For an example of such a publication, go to http://emergingecons.org/download/e-books.php .
THE VENUE & ACTIVITIES:
Often described as the "Little Paris of Middle Europe", Budapest is famous for the monuments reflecting its own 1,000-year-old culture. The capital has two sides, Buda and Pest, stretching along the banks of the Danube, representing two different characters of the city.
Suburban Buda and its historic castle district offer medieval streets and houses, museums, caves and Roman ruins. The dynamic Pest side boasts the largest parliament building in Europe, riverside promenades, flea markets, bookstores, antique stores and café houses. Even Lonely Planet thinks Budapest has the best bars in the world with its ruin pubs. In 1987 Budapest was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List for the cultural and architectural significance of the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue.
Budapest has a lot to offer. Museums and galleries, churches and synagogues, palaces and historic buildings are presented together with the influence of Secession in the city. Hungary is a land of thermal springs, and Budapest remains the only capital city in the world that is rich in thermal waters with healing qualities, therefor Budapest is also called as the 'City of Baths'.
Deadline for Abstracts Submission: 18 April 2014.
(Notification of acceptance: 22 April 2014)
Final Papers must be received by 6 June 2014.
Registration deadline: 6 June 2014.
Conference date: 6-8 July 2014.
Standard registration fee: 375 USD
Co-author: 300 USD
Additional paper: 150 USD
Participant fee (no presentation): 300 USD
Early bird registration fee (until 25 April 2014): 300 USD
Early bird co-author: 250 USD
Early bird additional paper fee: 150 USD
Early bird participant fee (no presentation): 200 USD
Includes 1 year’s membership in the Society for the Study of Emerging Markets, conference materials and consideration of your paper for publication in conference journals, coffee breaks, welcome reception and gala dinner.
Prof. József Veress, Professor of Economic Policy, Department of Finance, Budapest University of Technology and Economics.email@example.com
Prof. Imre Tarafás, Professor of Finance, Department of Finance, Budapest University of Technology and Economics. firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Josef C. Brada, Professor of Economics, Professor of Economics emeritus, Arizona State University email@example.com
Prof. Ali Kutan, Professor of Economics, Department of Economics, Southern Illinois University. firstname.lastname@example.org
Assoc. Prof. György Andor, Associate Professor of Finance, Head of Department and Vie Rector of the University, Department of Finance, Budapest University of Technology and Economics. email@example.com
Assoc. Prof. Mihály Ormos, Associate Professor of Finance, Department of Finance, Budapest University of Technology and Economics. firstname.lastname@example.org
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
György Andor, Gábor Bóta, Márk Matus, Mihály Ormos
For more information, submitting a paper and registration instructions click HERE
REGISTRATION AND LODGING INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- All those attending SSEM EuroConference 2014 must register for the Conference and pay the registration fee of 275 EUR or early bird fee. Deadline for submission of abstracts, submission of final papers, etc. are in the Conference announcement and call for papers. Click HERE for the registration form. Payment details are on the registration form.
- You will receive conference materials, including a program, CD-ROM with conference papers, and a Certificate of Participation at the conference site.
- Payment of the registration fee gives you a one year membership in the Society for the Study of Emerging Markets. You will have web access to the Society’s journal, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade (EMFT), you will be able to submit papers for publication to EMFT without paying the $100 submission fee, your conference paper will be considered for publication in Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Eastern European Economics, Economic Sytems, and Comparative Economic Studies.
- If you wish to present a paper at the conference, please submit an abstract of not more than 250 words to the conference email address (email@example.com). The Conference’s Scientific Committee will review your paper within one week and give you a decision.
- For transportation, please see the information on here HERE.
- We are offering a range of accommodations to suit your budget. Click HERE for the link to registration.
- Your registration fee entitles you to conference materials and consideration of your paper for publication in conference journals, coffee breaks, welcome reception and gala dinner. Additional guests who are not registered for the conference can be accommodated on a space-available basis.
For more detailed information (registration, accommodation and Conference venue), please refer to the Conference website:
Telephone: +36 30 384 4484
Fax: +36 1 463 2745
Department of Finance
Budapest University of Technology and Economics
1117 Budapest, Magyar tudósok körútja 2., Hungary